Friday, March 30, 2012

Why I pray.....

Philippians 4:5-8 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I am learning this almost on a weekly basis!

Have you ever been stuck in those "what ifs" moments? Where you find yourself continually thinking well, "what if" i was wrong, "what if" this could work out, "what if" it just wasn't the right time, "what if" I just give it a little more time, "what if" I heard from the Lord wrong? Do you know how destructive that can be? This type of thinking will bring doubt and confusion. It will even at times cause you to stay in a situation because you are waiting for the doubt and confusion to clear. Well, let me just say this....The doubt and confusion will stay as long as you don't remove yourself from that situation. And believe me when I say God will remove you if you are willing. When you choose to look at it from God's perspective then you will clearly see the truth. If you look at your situation through scripture you will see what God's perspective is. Does how the situation affect you build you up or tear you down. Does it lift you up and bring life, strength and growth to you? Or does it just bring confusion and discouragement?

The enemy has come to kill, steal and destroy your life. He has no rules. It doesn't matter what the situation is or what it looks like. He will cause you to think you are in the wrong and bring you to the point where you continue to stay in the situation and thus holding back your freedom and destiny.

 I will, for the most part, look for the growth and/or learning opportunity in just about every circumstance. It drives some people nuts....lol But I completely believe that what I go through is meant to be passed on so others can learn from it and not have to go through it themselves. The Lord told me one time that what He has given me is not for my benefit, but for the benefit for others. So when I experience trials and tribulations I know that what God is doing in me through that is to bring healing and freedom for others. What God has given me I will not allow the enemy to steal. I completely believe that when you do not feel the peace of God, then you need to remember back to where you lost it. Even in hard times you can and will sense the peace of God. It never leaves.

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will now the truth and the truth will set you free.- John 8:31,32

So why do I pray about everything? Because the Word tells me to.


From my heart to yours,

Sandy

2 comments:

  1. i do not know why my previous post is not here, so i will try to remember with this old mind of mine what i said.....it went something like this....i loved the new blog, thank you for teaching me something each time i read your wonderful words, i know it comes from your heart. thanks and love you to pieces....ok that was not even close to my previous comment but i think this one is better hahaha love ya sis

    ReplyDelete